Wedding websites are no longer an optional “nice to have” but have increasingly become a wedding requirement, just like “save the date cards” it provides your friends and families information about you, your fiancé and your big wedding day that you are so feverishly planning. After all a wedding website can house all the important information a simple save the date card may not be able to; from the wedding information (location, timeline, required attire, etc), hotel and room block information, how the two of you met, how he proposed, RSVP information and loads of other information you may want to share with your guests.
Additionally all of your wedding card information can be right up online so your guests can view that off of their smart phone or computer. It is the one place where you can go into detail about your relationship, your wedding events and all your wedding details.
You can create special sections and pages about how you met, how he proposed, provide your guests with bios about each of you and anything else you would like to share. Plus after the wedding it can simply become a digital scrapbook with all your wedding information, photographs, videos and mementos of a wonderful day and the beginning of an amazing life.
Your wedding website can also facilitate good communication, critical in ensuring the success of and simplifying the planning for your wedding. Your guests can view all the necessary information about your wedding so they know where to go and how to get there. Your wedding website will act like a one stop shop for all of this information.
Other great uses for your wedding website include:
- Provide Travel & Lodging information for your out of town guests complete with maps, driving directions, web links, sightseeing opportunities, your favorite spots and restaurants
- Story of how you met including the proposal • Share the events with those unable to attend • Calendar of events (showers, bachelor parties)
- Wedding party photos and biographies
- Online guestbook
- Sharing engagement pictures and engagement videos
- After the wedding share wedding pictures and wedding videos
- Act as a keepsake of the wedding itself
- Offer an online RSVP – Give your guests the option of replying to your invitation on-line
- Wedding Registry – Provide guests with convenient online access to the shops you have registered with
If possible, it is best to announce your web address with your “save the date” cards. This gets your web address to everyone who needs it and allows your guests to understand that you plan to communicate with them via your website. The critical factor is that your guests know to check your site for updates. This alone can save you hours of phone calls and other correspondence.
When you book Photographick Studios for your wedding a custom built wedding websites is included in all of our packages! Yep, you can check one more thing off your “to do” list! Sample websites can be viewed at neevaandsunny.photographick.com
For more information about creating a custom wedding website or to inquire about our wedding photography packages, please call our studio!
If you plan on creating your own website, a few great links are located below:www.ewedding.com/ www.mywedding.com/main/wedding_websites.html www.weddingwire.com/wedding-website.html