What do I wear? A perplexing question for even the most self-confident dresser. Like your wedding; the pictures from an engagement session last a lifetime. And because of that, we have come up with a few guidelines that may help you choose the perfect outfit. And although all rules can be broken, these rules shouldn’t!
But even the snazziest of dressers and the hippest of divas may not get great pictures. More importantly than what you wear, is what you bring. Bring a smile, bring some laughter, and be ready to have some fun. Our purpose is to get some great shots of smiling, happy and elated couples doing what they do best, falling in love all over again. So make sure you bring your sense of fun and adventure. We’ll have a great time.
Photographick Engagement Session Guidelines
What to Avoid:
- Pure White – white is a great contrasting color but most digital meters have a hard time reading the correct exposure and thus under or over exposes the white making it blow out and losing the detail of any folds or patterns in the material.
- Large stripes or polka dots – while not a problem for sensors, stripes and polka dots either make people look fatter than normal or abnormally skinnier than normal. It is also distracting to the viewer- you want the focus on your beautiful faces.
- Trendy / Hot /Goofy designs – keep it more traditional and subdued. Not that you shouldn’t wear something striking or vibrant, but wear something that won’t distract from your faces and eyes.
Great colors to wear:
- medium to dark greens
- Blue Jeans or slacks: good fitting but not too loose or too tight
- Button down shirts, long sleeve
- Nice plain polo in the above colors
- Casual but modern suit coat
The final details
- Hair – bring some hair gel or hairspray and a comb or brush with you to the shoot, we’ll be moving a lot and it might be windy, better to be prepared.
- Makeup – translucent powder will do wonders for the ladies and the guys. The powder keeps the shine off your face and forehead.
- Accessories – bring the engagement ring and some fun jewelry, if it doesn’t mesh with the picture, we can always take it off!